Software Licensing Specialist
As part of 2Data’s SAM function, the purpose of the role will be to assist in the end-to-end lifecycle management of Software Assets whilst supporting the management of our compliance obligations across the Customers we work with. This role will ensure we meet the evolving software demands of the business in a cost-effective and timely manner.
Working collaboratively with key stakeholders, the Software Licencing Specialist will assist the Asset Manager in formulating and maintaining an asset lifecycle that combines the goals of each business function into a single lifecycle that uses recognised industry best practices and frameworks.
The role will ensure asset lifecycles are compliant with the customers strategic aims, are fit for purpose, are compliant with Licensing terms and conditions and are managed to a high standard.
Areas of Responsibility
- Inputting and maintaining entitlement records within SNOW (SAM tool) or other.
- Facilitating and supporting key business areas when following the new software onboarding process.
- Creating vendor ELPs (including SaaS and other Cloud technologies), highlighting any risks or savings.
- Facilitating and supporting software audits on behalf of 2Data Customers.
- Working with Procurement on software vendor renewals (including SaaS and other Cloud technologies).
- Assisting with managing project and BAU software licensing requests.
- Assisting the ITAM Manager in managing the software budget, highlighting and avoiding unnecessary spending where possible.
- Coordinating licence re-harvesting exercises, highlighting and recording any savings.
- Working with IT Service Providers to coordinate activities under a Software Licence Management Framework ensuring compliance with software licence terms.
- Developing and maintaining ongoing relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders, including; IT and business management, sourcing and vendor management, and external service providers, to support customer digital transformation and increase organisational ROI.
- Keeping up to date with new software products and amendments to licence terms and conditions.
What You Can Bring
- Have meticulous attention to detail and record keeping.
- Be proactive and self-motivated.
- Have a positive, ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Be solutions focussed, especially when dealing with issues.
- Be resilient when faced with challenges.
- Be receptive to feedback, adaptable and willing to learn.
- Be methodical with good attention to detail.
- Be able to analyse information and make informed decisions.
- Have influencing, collaboration and communication skills.
- Have constructive negotiation skills.
- Be able to manage and prioritise a varied workload.
- Be able to work effectively as part of a team.
- Be willing to challenge constructively and have a Continual Service Improvement mindset.
- Extensive experience working with SAM tooling (e.g. SNOW, ServiceNow, Flexera).
- Extensive experience working within a Software Asset Management team, specifically around software licensing terms and conditions and including maintenance and support contracts.
- Experience managing licensing for key strategic vendors such as Microsoft Oracle, VMWare, Salesforce and IBM.
- Extensive experience in working with Cloud licencing, technologies and services.
- Experience in managing and supporting internal and external audits, including providing ELPs, true-ups and other general data analysis.
- Experience in optimisation for software licences, minimising associated spending whilst remaining compliant.
- Experience managing and maintaining a Software Portfolio, including allowed and denied applications.
- Experience working with budgets, specifically around licence forecasting and ongoing spend reporting.
- ITIL Foundation v3 / v4.
- Familiarity with general IT Asset Management disciplines (HAM, SAM and Configuration Management).
- Certified Software Asset Management Certificate.
- Experience in working with SNOW and ServiceNow.
- An understanding of Project Management methodology (e.g. Prince2 and APM) and delivery methods (e.g. Agile and Waterfall).
Apply For This Job
"*" indicates required fields